Becoming a member of the End of Life Doula Association of Canada will provide you with a community of like minded persons for networking, support, and training opportunities. Join us as we advocate for better end of life care in Canada and grow a larger collective of end of life care professionals.
Become an End of Life Doula Association of Canada Member
Persons wishing to apply for (or renew) full membership into the End of Life Doula Association of Canada (EOLDAC) are required to do or provide the following:
- Agree to and sign the EOLDAC Vision & Mission Statement and Scope of Practice
- Complete a recognized End of Life education program (proof of program completion or program synopsis may be requested by EOLDAC Board and is subject to Board approval)
- Be able to demonstrate competency by updating and submitting additional training every 2 years, as well as engaging with other End of Life Doulas on a regular basis
- Client (or family of client) references upon request
- A criminal record check every 2 years
- A minimum of 40 hours experience and 3 clients prior to application
- Keep up-to-date with Government and Health agency policies and the resources those agencies make available, in addition to gaining relevant experience in their field
- Use of logo and associate with EOLCDAC (including posting and linking to website)
- Access to forms, Zoom recorded meetings, public Facebook Page, and confidential members Facebook Group
- Name and business listed on “Hire a Doula” roster
- Receive a newsletter and be informed of upcoming training and events
- Access to our specially priced Group Liability Insurance program (Professional Liability - $1,000,000 limit and Commercial General Liability - $1,000,000 or $2,000,000 limit)
- Cost is $85 per year* and new applicants are also required to pay a one-time processing fee of $15
Become an End of Life Doula Association of Canada Supporter
- Receive a newsletter and be informed of upcoming training and events, access to public Facebook Page, and Zoom recorded meetings
- No listing or use of logo with EOLCDAC
- Intended members who would like to become members at a later date or someone who is passionate about end of life care.
- Cost is $35 per year (subject to change).
*Note: that on Dec 31 of each year membership fees are due, failure to renew will result in removal from the roster and you will no longer be permitted to use the EOLCDAC logo.